Friday, May 9, 2008

Thoughts as of late

I'm sorry i haven't written anything lately (even thought i'm really not sure anyone reads this). I have just been really the past month with school and papers and just getting things set for the summer, and now that summer as arrived and my job doesn't start until June, I have all the time world to record my thoughts.

So lately I have really just been enjoying home. I have been sitting around for the most part, just trying to get into the right patterns for the summer like reading my Bible daily and getting in some good time of prayer. It's been nice to not have school to worry about, really anything to worry about for the most part. Also I have been having great conversations with the people around me lately. I haven't even been home a week and I've already had two great night of conversations. One was the first couple hours I was home we started talking about predestination and free will and our own devravity and choosing God. That was a great night, then I had one last night with some of my friends who have graduated or are doing grad work; we talked about just big issues that seem to come up. Changing God's mind (Ex. 30), God's regret (1 Sa 15:11, Gen 6:6-7), God's suprise (Gen 6:5), how God can be omnipotent, yet hell is the absense of God's presence, and the biggest one was talking about whether it was okay for Rahab to lie, which lead us to the question: If you were in Germany in 1941 and hiding Jews and the Nazi's asked if you were hiding Jews, would it be okay to lie.

I really don't know the answer to some of these questions, I have worked them out the best i could, but with some of them I really don't know. Now I have an opinion, but i'm definatly open to that being wrong. It's just been really satisfying intellecually, socially and spiritually. It's just been a great way to be home and those issues have been floating around my head a lot.

Also, another big thing in my life, and if you read this, i would love your input; I am really considering doing stint (one year trip) to St. Petersburg Russia with Campus Crusade in August of '09. Now I know your probably saying to yourself, "drew, that's more than a year away, I really don't think you have to worry about it yet". Well my friend, do i have news for you then. See Tim (my leader) wants to have a core group by August, and a definate number of people by Thanksgiving. That's a major decision to make within the next couple months! So I would ask for your prayer and counsel. I think it would be so awesome, but I just don't know, i have this thing, i don't know how to describe it, holding me back, saying you should just do what everyone else is doing. But i know this opportunity is so rare. I also want to make sure I have the right motives because I don't want to go simply because I love Russia and the people I know in Russia.

I hope to be writing more about what God is doing and teaching me soon, so please keep reading!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you should do it!