Saturday, June 14, 2008

Reflections

Well last night I was talking to the beautiful and amazing Mark and Ali, who are back for my birthday (or I would like to think so ; ) ) But as I was summing up the year for them I kind of saw things from a new perspective for the first time.

My year was so stinking crazy. I really wanted my year to be like what I had heard about Chris Rule's years in college; and if you don't know Chris Rule, your missing out, he's a great guy and really has a heart for Jesus. Anyway, I would always get updates about the people going to his Bible Study for the guys in his dorm and how people were coming to Christ. That kind of was my model for my first year of college, and if that was the standard, I failed miserably.

God really exposed the false beliefs in my faith, and really showed me the things I believed in that were "hammy-downs" if you will, just things i took as true that weren't. Through that God really gave me opportunity's to share life and doubt and in the mist of that , faith, to people who had the label but didn't care for the Christian lifestyle of surrender and love. I realized at the end of the year that my audience my freshmen year wasn't the people who were atheist or people who hated God, but people who were lukewarm, and just hadn't experienced how amazing Jesus can be, and how a life with Him is worth it.

Looking back I saw people who God blessed me so much with living life with, and being able to encourage and challenge together. God was good through all things, my really stupid mess ups and sins, and was their when I needed Him feeling lonely and lost yelling at Him in my bed. He let me see that pulling someone from lukewarmness into joy with Christ is just as a miracle and enjoyable as pulling someone from no belief in God at all.

I think last night, for the first time in a while, my soul took a deep sigh of relief, and rested at peace at what was happening in life and how God is faithful; always. We always seem to neglect his tract record for always being their when were are facing a situation and doubting him. I know it seems hard, and like He can't pull through and show us peace, but He can, and I promise He will. I hope that encourages you.

drew


Andrew Music Exchange:

This week is kind of an oldie, and though I really don't like this band that much, i am in love with this song and it hits me over and over again every time I listen to it.

Snow Patrol-- Open Your Eyes

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU JUST GOT CRUSHED IN THE MUSIC COMP.!!!!!!! WORKED!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

hi dude!
we miss you tremendously!

ak