Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Running Waters

γειά σου,


So I feel like it's been a really long time since I have written last. I feel that, which is kind of cool that I find this therapeutic and desirable. It has been a while because I have been up to my eyes in schoolwork. I have two papers, totaling about 15 pages due on Thursday in the same class. Yeah. It sucks. But I'm writing this to leave that behind, if not for a second. So I don't want to talk about it. I'm done.

What I really want to talk about is how awesome my weekend was. I went to Orlando and saw lots of my friends from Columbus because one of them was getting married there. It was so great to see everyone and to spend time with people from home, who are laid back, friendly, and love each other. Words really can't describe how great it was to be with them, especially since my life is upside down with school currently. With all that being said, congratulations Chris and Amanda Rule!

One thing that really stuck with me when I was going to Orlando was the thrill of moving. It sounds weird, but I have really been in West Palm for at least 1.5 years, with maybe a month of Columbus shoved in there. I have felt stagnate and stale. It was so good to get in a car and to drive. I travel, to explore. I had directions with me to get their, but honestly I didn't look at them because I didn't care if I got lost. I was actually for it. I was good to be on the road; it made me feel like I was doing something, living, experiencing something. I don't know, maybe this all sounds a little crazy, I mean it was just a 3 hour car ride. But to me, it was hitting the open road. Great weather, my iPod playing great songs I had a gatorade and some bananas' (which became my dinner). It was great.

Often in the Bible moving waters, running waters, and water in general, is a symbol for chaos. For instance, in Genesis, the waters hovered above the earth, chaos was held back. For Noah, the water brought chaos. You see this used the most with the psalmist. Ps. 23, you lead me besides quiet waters (no chaos), ps. 29:3, The voice of the LORD is over the waters (over chaos); the God of glory thunders, the LORD thunders over the might waters. When it talks about quiet waters, it is talking about peace, tranquility, usually inspired by God.

I understand this. My life has been raging waters, splashing in my face left and right. Right when I start to focus on something the waters get rough and life becomes unpredictable and chaotic. I have a hard time staying afloat.

Driving in the car calmed the waters. I enjoyed the adventure, I enjoyed the calmness that was in me. Everyone likes life when it flows and seems effortless. I even prefer some rapids every now and then to keep things interesting. But after a few months of rapids (aka school craziness), it was nice to just drift down stream for a while.

My 2 cents:

song:

The Great Estate by Freelance Whales (great song, kinda built around reincarnation but good)


Vivre dans l'amour et la paix,

drew

Il n'y a qu'un bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'être aimé.

No comments: